Podiatrists all start their careers working in general clinics. This involves providing essential assessment, evaluation and foot care for a wide range of
patients. Many of the patients have long-standing problems for which there is no permanent cure. Podiatrists therefore play a big part in keeping these people mobile by preventative treatment and make a real
difference to the quality of their lives.
General treatment usually includes:
- Nail cutting - for patients who are unable to reach their feet or who have problem or thickened nails.
- Hard skin reduction.
- Corn removal.
- Advice and treatment for fungal infections of skin and nails.
- Advice and treatment for verrucae.
- Advice and treatment for dry and cracked heels.
- General footwear and foot care advice.